Coal Creek Elementary School provides academic programs that support and enhance education for the variety of learners we serve. In addition to the balanced literacy program, a math block has been established at the upper grades for extension and acceleration through the curriculum. Innovative programs in the arts and physical education are also offered at Coal Creek.
A listing of key instructional programs follows:
During the upcoming school year, teachers will concentrate on helping students to develop effective attitudes and dispositions towards thinking and learning, or “Habits of Mind.”
- A “hands-on” approach to teaching and learning is emphasized throughout the curriculum.
- Our , “Positive Behavior Support” (PBS) plan ,”Coal Creek ROCKS!” This stands for: R(respect) O(owning it – responsibility) C(cooperation) K(kindness) S(safety).
Special Programs and Opportunities
Coal Creek offers a variety of co-curricular programs for students. A partial list of these includes:
Field Trips around greater Louisville, Boulder County, and Denver
- Fall Jog-a-Thon and Spring Fun and Fitness Day in Physical Education
- An All School Musical held every other year
- Leadership Opportunities: Student Council (grades 3-5).
- Eco-Cycle Presentations
- Junior Achievement
- Girls Leadership Classes
- Fifth Grade Outdoor Ed
- Battle of the Books
- Annual Science Exhibition
- Choir and Instrumental Music options and regular performances during the year
- School-wide participation in the National Geographic “GEO” Bee
- Participation in the BVSD Spelling Bee
- Spring Art Show
- Monthly “ROCKStar Assemblies” with the Principal
- Morning Movers arranged through our PE Department
- After school clubs and classes arranged by staff and Lifelong Learning
- Destination Imagination and Scouting groups supported by parent groups